THANKS FOR PLAYING! The scavenger hunt ended Sept. 14 at 5pm. You can redeem prizes through Wednesday, September 19th.
HOW TO PLAY:
1. SEARCH FOR CLUES: Use the clues below to identify different forms of clean transportation in SF. Answer just four clues to win.
2. SNAP A PIC: Take a photo that represents each answer.
3. SHARE YOUR PHOTOS: Post your photos on Twitter or Instagram – tag #GCASScavengerHunt to be eligible for prizes.
Answers may be a transportation mode, hub, or infrastructure.
1. I go above and below ground, both in and outbound. My favorite letters are JKLMNT.
2. We run off 100% pedal power (unless we’ve got an electric boost). Research shows people who use us have some of the happiest commutes.
3. We’ve got rubber tires and we’re connected to overhead wires. Our power comes from SF’s hydroelectric Hetch Hetchy Water and Power system.
4. I’m the oldest way to get around, and I’m the sole mode of transportation that’s universally affordable.
5. We’re world famous, tourists love us, and we provide transit service to some of San Francisco’s hilliest neighborhoods.
6. I’m a form of mass transit that requires no wheels, cables, or tracks.
7. I’m brand new and have a rooftop park and a bus terminal. In the future I’ll connect you to Caltrain and High-Speed Rail.
8. Roll out the red carpet… I’m a designated lane that gives thousands of bus riders a quicker, smoother ride all hours of the day.
9. I don’t have spiky yellow hair — or get around town on a skateboard — but I do carry 27,000 people per hour under the SF bay at rush hour.
10. I’m a special lane that helps you navigate the road while using a super-clean bi-pedal mode.
11. My nickname is “accordion,” and I hold about 50% more passengers than my smaller counterparts.
12. Red, yellow, green, blue: We came from Boston, Melbourne and Milan to you.
WHAT YOU CAN WIN:
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS: Make sure your Twitter or Instagram account is public.
We’ll review your submission and verify that your photos correctly answer four clues. We’ll then send you a digital claim badge via direct message on Twitter or Instagram. Then, show your badge to a participating business. CLICK HERE TO SEE OFFERS AND PRIZES.
Limit one prize or discount per business. Scavenger hunt submissions accepted until 5 pm, Friday, September 14, 2018. All prizes must be redeemed at merchant locations by Wednesday, September 19, 2018.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What if I don’t have a public Instagram or Twitter account?
No problem! You can email us your photos at GCASScavengerHunt@sfcta.org
Can I ask for hints?
Yes, you may ask your friends, search the internet, and ask your Twitter or Instagram followers for hints.
What if I submit a photo that is incorrect?
We’ll let you know, and you can try again by submitting another photo.
What if I take more than four photos?
Super! It only takes four to redeem a prize, but if you want to take more, go for it! If you correctly answer all 12 clues, you may be eligible for a grand prize. CLICK HERE TO SEE DEALS AND PRIZES.
What if I take a photo that includes more than one clue?
Great! Thumbs up for efficiency.
Do I have to take the photos myself, or can I use photos I found online?
You have to take the photos yourself to be eligible for prizes (that’s part of the fun!).